Watermelon Sangria

8/28/10

I LOVE watermelon. I'm pretty sure I can eat a whole one by myself. Summer wouldn't be the same without it!

Today I made some Watermelon Sangria for the going away party that we are throwing for my sister tomorrow. She's leaving us for sunny California, and even though I'm sad she's going, she'll be back for Thanksgiving. And Christmas. So at least I know it will only be a few short weeks before she's back!

I never knew until after I read 101 Sangria's by Kim Haasarud that you're "technically" supposed to refrigerate Sangria for a day before serving. I always just made it and drank it. (Whoops!)

Recipe...
1 bottle dry white wine
3/4 cup watermelon schnapps
1/2 cup white cranberry juice
2 cups freshly scooped watermelon balls
2 limes, cut into half wheels


Fingers crossed everyone likes it tomorrow!

2 comments:

YELENA STARIKOVA said...

Thanks for a Great recipy! I recreated it last week, and it was Fabulous!)
allglamthings.blogspot.com

9 Brickell said...

So glad you liked it!!! =)

Post a Comment